Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Just Simply DO Your Best

January 9, 2017

YO!

Most spectacular week ever! Before I go spiritual on you, I will share a funny story…

So we try and talk to everybody on the street that are between the ages of 18 and 30. We started talking to this one guy and he seemed super excited to talk to us and told us to walk with him. We walked a few blocks and then had to part different ways but before we separated he started going off on us about how he doesn't tell people what they should believe but we are wrong with all that we believe. (jaja) Interesting guy. Then he messaged us on Facebook later and asked to set up to meet with us so he could interview us on his radio show! We tentatively agreed just to see if he is legit but then it ended up falling through so it's all good. But then he messaged us the next day again and started going off about how we gotta make it in the world wants to start a company with us.  (jajaja) Street contacting in Manhattan allows you to meet some great people!!

Besides that, yesterday was one of the best days of my whole life. We were able to go back up to my old area to see Jermaine get baptized. The baptism was awesome and it was great to see him and the family because I became really good friends with them. The best part of it all though was when he shared his testimony at the end. His story is amazing but the cherry on top was the sweet testimony that he has about the Book of Mormon and the peace that he brings him. When he simply said, "I know that the Book of Mormon is true” the spirit flooded the room. It was so powerful to me. I am so grateful that I was able to be one of his missionaries and to have been able to help him find the truth. Life long friends!

What was amazing as well was going straight to our ward after the baptism and having 5 investigators be there for their first time! 3 were invited by us, 1 was invited by a member, and 1 felt he needed to go to church and found ours on google! Jaja - it was so amazing! We set a baptismal date with Joshua for January 28th.  Pretty spectacular!

The reason that I title my email "Just Simply DO Your Best" is because
looking back on this week I don't know what amazing thing we did to deserve all of these blessings. All that I can think of is that we tried our best and things really fell into place. I'm so grateful for the day to day miracles and blessings. Being a missionary is the best.    #RepentanceIsCool  #theAtonementIsReal

Love you!

Elder Mackintosh



 Jermaine's baptism


The view of the city from a members roof


Brother Ray Smith took us out to dinner! 


No comments:

Post a Comment