Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Last Email: Man Do I Love Being A Missionary!

Hello!

Honestly I currently feel really weird jaja. Definitely, the most bitter/sweet feeling that I've ever had in my life. While praying last night about what I should share today, I simply felt to share about the Book of Mormon, repentance and service.

I have honestly really loved being a missionary for the last two years. Mine time  as a missionary has been full of the highest highs and definitely the lowest lows. How grateful I am for that!!!

Book of Mormon: The Book of Mormon has blessed my life in so many ways that I don't know where to start. I feel this deep peace and love for and from God when I read it. When questions come up in my life I know that I can turn to prayer and the Book of Mormon to be able to find God's will and guidance. Not even just talking about the small questions of life, but also the big ones such as "Why am I here?" "Like seriously, what is the point of all of this "life" stuff?" Peace and answers have come to me through the Book of Mormon. (Alma 40-42)

Repentance: I used to see repentance as a scary and bad thing but now I see it as the same thing as joy. I see it as such because of experience. We all have felt or some currently feel intense guilt for the sins that we have committed. But in Gods plan of happiness, I have come to learn that we don't need to feel like that forever. Sin is bad but repentance is good. Sin brings guilt and shame. Repentance brings joy and peace. I personally testify that this is true and this amazing gift is only possible because of Jesus Christ. I know that He lives because I have felt his influence in my life. (Alma 42:4 and Helaman14:13)

Service: Service has become a necessary element to my life because I have found the truthfulness of it actually being one of our core purposes of life. As I have strived to serve others from my heart, that is when I have honestly felt the closest to the Savior. His life was service. All that he did was selfless and service. When I say service I don't necessarily mean organized service projects (which are awesome by the way) but more so I mean the way that we simply should live on a day to day basis. Looking for opportunities to make others smile and feel loved. I have come to know as a missionary that this really is what life is all about. (Mosiah 2:17 and Alma 42:4)

Just to close I want to share a verse from my personal study this morning. Ether12:41 says "And now, I would commend you to seek this Jesus of whom the prophets and apostles have written, that the grace of God the Father, and also the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, which beareth record of them, may be and abide in you forever. Amen." This is my simple invitation. In my scriptures I have "seek this Jesus" underlined and Next to it it says "3 Nephi 14:7 says 'seek, and ye shall find;'" 

I love you all! Thanks for reading this long email if you made it all the way to the bottom jaja. 

"I glory in plainness; I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus, for he hath redeemed my soul from hell."

Here is the info for my homecoming talk! ALL are invited. 

August 13, 2017   
496 river way Lehi, UT 84043-5616

Church starts at 1:30 pm

Love,

Elder Skye Dallas Mackintosh 


The Bronx Zoo again! 


 My companion received a fun package from home!



 Lunch with Ray Smith!



1 comment:

  1. I definitely will share part of this on fb! Too good!

    ReplyDelete