Thursday, August 27, 2015

SURPRISE!

I forgot to tell everyone that Elder D. Todd Christofferson was coming to speak to us! He spoke yesterday and it was truely amazing to have an apostle of the Lord talk to us in such an intimate setting of around 500 missionaries! He spoke for about 10 minutes and then just did questions and answers. A girl asked about accessing the atonement more and he gave a really spiritual response. He got choked up and didn't know if he would even be able to talk about it. It means so much to him. It should mean so much to us. No one has or ever will sacrafice more for you than the savior did. And what I loved that he said is that "Jesus Christ will be there for you every step of the way. through your hardest and lowest times. through your best times. he will be there. He loves you so much more than you can comprehend and He is there for you. Talk to him and be grateful for his sacrafice every single day." not word for word but that is the summary and what I got out of it! Amazing man. 

I am very much in the flow of everything now. Getting up at 6:30 honestly isn't even that bad anymore and I love the work and I love the everyday struggle to learn. I LOVE IT! 

The district that I have gotten really close with leaves next week and that is a bummer... but I know that I will be friends with a couple of them forever. They are so amazing and I learn so much from their words and examples every day! So blessed. I just walk around here and just can't help but think about how blessed I am. I have been given soooooo much and I will never be able to fully repay God for that (read Mosiah 2:22-24) and think about what I have been thinking about! LIfe is good. LIfe is truely great. I can't wait to get to the mission field and feel a huge struggle again jaja. is that weird? I am just excited. 

My spanish is getting better every day! I'm still not very good at it, but my teacher told me and my companion yesterday that she has noticed that we are the hardest workers and that we have improved the most! I have a long way to go and I am just trying my best to be strictly obedient about every rule here because God knows best and I know that he is blessing me for trying my best. Love you all so much! 

Here is the view from my classroom and a pic of my companion and I! he is never ready for the pictures lol. Great Elder.

Elder Mackintosh 

The view from my classroom. 

 Week 3 - selfie. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment