Wednesday, September 2, 2015

P-Day is Wednesday!

Hola familia y amigos!

My pday is now Wednesday from here on out, so SURPRISE! jaja. Yet another great week here in the Mexico MTC. I leave here in less than 2 weeks now (the 15th) and that is absolutely crazy to me because I feel like I just got here but at the same time I am SO excited to get to NY and start talking to real people about the gospel! I teach even more lessons now because now we do role play lessons with other missionaries from my district and it is amazing to me that even though I know that they aren't actually the person that they are pretending to be, I can feel so much love for them both from myself and from God. I have had so many spiritual experiences already in those lessons and I have been getting better at letting the spirit teach the lesson instead of my companion and myself. Had to say goodbye to a district that I became really close with (two elders in particular that I know I will be friends with after my mission as well) and that was pretty hard to do... but also exciting because that means that my district is the oldest in the zone now and that we are the next ones to head out of here! Awesome! Spanish is coming along nicely, I read some of the spanish that I tried to write my first couple of days and wow I am much much much better now jaja! The Lord has helped me so much and honestly I am not worried about the language. It will come. 

Funny stuff: So back at home to start family night we used to always sing a hymn to bring in the spirit but usually that didn't work because I would just be laughing the entire time from hearing my fathers pretty terrible singing (no offense dad jaja). WELL my companion is like the same as my dad I realized except with less rythm and he thinks that he is really good, so he just sings really loud all of the time! Singing in spanish is already a little bit harder with the rythm because we don't know the language, so having someone with poor rythm already sing it, just makes for a good time! jaja! It is bad because I end up just laughing the entire song and not bringing the spirit in very well but I just don't have the heart to tell him that he is a poor singer and the cause of my laughter jaja.. Love the kid though! He is a great missionary and just an all around great guy. Luckily he will be in my mission as well so I won't have to say goodbye to him (well kinda) in two weeks. 

Life is good though! I read a great talk this morning and would invite anyone wanting to just read something awesome to read it. it is called "The Four Steps on the Stairway to Heaven" by Dan Clark. SO GOOD! Inspiring talk, so please take some time and read it. You will not regret it. 

I just want to share quick testimony that this church is true and that God knows each of us individually and knows what we need. He is just waiting for us to ask him. 

Love you all!
Elder Mackintosh

 My District! 



My companion still doesn't like taking pics with me  - jaja



No comments:

Post a Comment