Friday, December 25, 2015

Christmas in New York

December 23, 2015

It doesn't seem like Christmas in two days, it's been in the 70's and is suppose to be 72 degrees Christmas day. Super weird. This is not normal, but at the same time it does feel like Christmas because we have done of a ton of caroling, free gift wrapping, miscellaneous service, and watching the church Christmas video like 500 times. So yeah, it is Christmas in New York.

This week was so sweet! Rafael has a baptismal date for Januay 9th and getting married on the same day as well! He is so excited and we meet with him everyday because he is THAT excited. I love him. Also we set a baptismal date for January 16th with Luis and he is so cool as well with a great story I will soon share! He texts us everyday with his questions about his Book of Mormon reading and he is just loving it.

Saturday we did 2 hours of free gift wrapping for people and it was actually fun! I'm not very good at gift wrapping, so I just held the sign and handed out cards jaja. Still great.  Later that night we had the ward Christmas party and wow was it a party! So much food, singing, and dancing! I didn't dance but it was a lot of fun. Rafael went to the party and loved it! while at the church we showed him the baptismal font - SUCH A COOL EXPERIENCE! He is amazing - wish you all could meet him.

The night of the party, I don't know what was wrong with me, but I couldn't fall asleep! I think something I drank had caffeine or something because I literally didn't fall asleep until 5:30 in the
morning. I was in bed for 7 hours without sleeping! Then I still had to get up at 6:30, therefore Sunday was a hard day for lack of sleep, but a huge testimony strengthening day - the Lord carried us, we had some sweet miracles.

Well that's it from me about Christmas!

Love you all!

Elder Mackintosh


An apartment picture in front of our Christmas trees bc swag.



Today I went to Rockefeller and saw the tree and such  - that was really cool. 


Rockefeller

No comments:

Post a Comment