Thursday, December 17, 2015

Okay, so for REAL...



Hey all!

Okay so for real this week I had some funny things happen, but I'm not going to share them because I kinda just want to share a serious email this time.

As a mission we just finished studying the Book of Mormon in 100 days and then today for the last day we were asked to write down our testimonies. Well I want to share what took me half of my personal study time to write. Here is my testimony of the Book of Mormon as of today:

"Yesterday I finished reading the Book of Mormon for the fourth time in my life and I have a couple of things to say. My testimony on the Book of Mormon is strong, but interesting to me because to be honest I haven't totally had any moments when I have asked God and then it has just hit me like "Wow, this book is actually true." The way that I have received my testimony of the Book of Mormon is by studying, pondering, applying, and then noticing how things/I change. 
The Book of Mormon has helped me many times in my life when I have had questions or poor feelings, all I have had to do is pray and read. The answer is always there! 
My testimony of the Book of Mormon is also strong because I absolutely know without a doubt that Joseph Smith was a prophet and was called of God to restore the church of Jesus Christ again on the earth. I have had a few very special experiences and confirmations about Joseph Smith being a prophet. I will bare testimony of the restoration to anyone that will hear me, because it happened. I know that the Book of Mormon is true because Joseph Smith was a prophet and if he was a prophet, it is all true. It is! 
Yes, I have prayed and done the things in Moroni 10: 3-5 and guess what, it hasn't came to me the way I thought it would. I was expecting to just suddenly have a crazy powerful spiritual confirmation right then and there and that hasn't happened for me. Although my prayers haven't been answered in the way I was expecting, God has NOT ignored my prayers.  Many times in sharing my testimony of the Book of Mormon, the Holy Ghost was right there as well - testifying. The Holy Ghost testifies of truth and if the Holy Ghost testifies of truth while I bare my faith filled testimony of the Book of Mormon, doesn't that mean it's true? Doesn't it? YES. 
I bare my testimony of the Book of Mormon and the love of God that is felt through the application of the principles and doctrines in that book. It is all true. I share that and invite you to give the Book of Mormon a chance to improve your life. It will. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen."

I feel so blessed. Things are going well! We had a couple of rough days this last week.. But ended really strong and are now doing well again. We are teaching some really awesome people.

Below is a picture of a member named Jesus Cárdenas and he is one of my favorite people in the whole world! He loves us and we sure love him. He even gave us a shout out in testimony meeting, such a great man.

Love you all and have a great Christmas! Christmas.mormon.org

Elder Mackintosh


No comments:

Post a Comment