Thursday, February 18, 2016

Miracles!!!

I want to talk about something that I have learned this last week. The more grateful we are for the things we receive, the more God gives us and the more sensitive to recognizing those gifts we will be. It's pretty awesome! This last week we have been talking about the miracles that happened that day and it has made me so much more grateful and humble...

So here is a sweet miracle that happened:We give out pictures of Christ with our number on the back and we give those out to like everyone. Well we were talking to a man on the side of the road right next to our building and he said he wasn't interested, but I could tell that two women standing behind him were listening. I gave them a card and said "we are missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Here is a card with Jesus Christ on it and on the back is our number. If there is anything that we can do for you, like take out the trash, move furniture, whatever kind of service, call us and we will be right over." (I would have talked more about the church and the restoration of the gospel, but we were about to be late home and didn't have time)  We shook their hands and left. Well a week later we are about to leave the apartment to go and do a district language study and suddenly I get a call. I answer it and the voice on the other line says "Hello, we met a few days ago and you said to call you if we needed anything. The woman that I look after has fallen down and I can't help her up. Can you come help her up?" 

First off, no one ever calls us and second off, we love service. jaja Of course I said YES. At first she gave us the wrong address so it took a little longer than it should have to get there,  but eventually we found it.  We walk in and sure enough there was an older woman sitting on the floor.  We took off our bags and we picked her up and put her in a chair. She was very very very grateful and invited us back for "either tea or coffee" ....we decided on hot chocolate jaja.  Such a sweet blessing and a little miracle to be able to give that service.  It was a great feeling to know that first people she thought to call was us - the missionaries that she met on the street a week earlier. It was a great experience.

MIRACLES! I invite you to try and notice your little miracles everyday. I promise you that they are there. God loves us so much.. It is incredible to me.

I wish I had more time to write about my studies and such, but this is running a little long. 

Until next week!
Love you all so very much,

Elder Mackintosh


Here are pictures of me cooking at an investigator's house and then a screenshot of the weather on Sunday!  Brrrr! 




No comments:

Post a Comment