Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Change is Good!

I'm excited to write this email! (jaja) The things that missionaries get excited about are weird.

This last week was transfers and it was most likely that I would be leaving. Well Saturday comes and President Smith gives me a call in the afternoon and says, "You will be going to a new area and...  and I will call you back later to tell you your area and assignment."  After hearing that, my mind was going through all of the possibilities, but really I had no clue where I would be sent...



A few hours later, I received another call from President Smith and he says, "So you know how I said that you would be going to a new area? Well, I have been praying and pondering a lot and..."
At this point my heart is just pounding out of my chest and then he continues, "You will be getting transferred to Poughkeepsie to serve with Elder Brasileiro and I'm calling you to be a Zone Leader."   When I heard that, I had an immediate calmness come over me and felt peace instantly. It was so cool to have that spiritual confirmation so quickly and so noticeably!  I know that I'm supposed to be here in Poughkeepsie and I'm very excited to do the work here. 
My new companion is from Brazil and speaks Portuguese and understands Spanish, but he doesn't know how to speak it - he was called to speak Portuguese and then got switched yesterday to Spanish with me. (jaja) So lots of growth.  He is so cool! I'm so excited. Also, I will probably learn a little Portuguese now, so that's awesome!

Another cool thing that happened when I was saying goodbye to members on Sunday.  I was talking to brother and sister Tavarez. (I have worked with them ever since I got here and it has been super hard honestly. What it came down to was that I just kept on loving them and tried my best to show them that love. Well through a couple of miracles and huge blessings, they have come to church for the past two weeks and it appears that they are committed to continue coming!) Well, I was talking to them at church and sister Tavarez looked me in the eye and with total sincerity and gratitude said (in Spanish) "Thank you for loving us. Thank you for always visiting us and for helping us. You (and obviously other missionaries) are the reason that we are back in the church."  It was an incredible moment and we both had tears as we continued to talk. I am so grateful to be here on a mission... There is nothing that I would rather be doing. Those moments of joy completely surpass the moments of difficulty. These blessings are incredible.


Love you! Have a great week. I know that I will and you know why? Because I already chose to.


Elder Mackintosh


PHOTOS: 




Elder Brasileiro and I eating some great tacos.




The missionaries from my last Zone. 



My last picture with Elder Cruz Santos before he went with his new companion.



 Picture with the brother and sister Tavarez.



Megan Yates (my brother-in-law's sister) is funny.  



Elder Smith finished his mission today and I shall miss him.





No comments:

Post a Comment