Wednesday, April 27, 2016

"Trump all the way!"

YO,

Okay so I bet you are wondering why I titled my email "Trump all the way!"  I will start with telling the story that will explain it. (jaja)  Sorry if it isn't funny for anyone else but it makes me laugh just to think about. (jaja)

Here’s the story: This week we were tracting and this guy opens the door and my new companion, Elder Brasileiro from Brazil, says to him; "Hello sir, what is your name?" And the guy replies to us with a fist in the air, "Trump all the way!!!"  My companion having English as his second language says, "Okay Trump, we are missionaries..."  I chuckled a little bit, but I just go with it and we teach him part of the restoration – he  tells us he’s not interested.  Well afterwards, as we were walking to our car, my companion says,  "So what did he say that his name was?" I said "He didn't tell us his name." I then explained what happened, and my companion thought it was hilarious (jaja) he said, "That makes sense! I had never seen someone so excited to say his name!" Now it's funny to us and we continue to play on it… "Brother Trump" or "Brother all the way" (jaja oh Elder Brasileiro)

(Also, on a side note, my email glitched out and I lost my drafts again... Soooooo if I never respond to you. That's why. Sorry!)

Now to be serious, life is so great as a missionary. We have seen so many miracles this week and just crazy huge blessings. I would to share all of them but that would take too long so I will just write one out. Here it is…

We looked up an investigator named Juan. When we got to his house we knocked on his door only to be told by his daughter that he was not home. Right then a truck pulled partially into the driveway and it was him! Well unfortunately, the truck then pulled out and drove away. (jaja) The daughter called him and told him who we were and that we were there waiting for him. Juan turned around and came back to his house immediately so that he could meet with us. We took him through the lesson on the restoration and it was an all-around solid lesson. We told him about Joseph Smith and how he prayed to know which church was true, and Juan said "yeah, and that's what we have to do to. We need to ask God."  He nailed it - we were just so excited for him. Then we talked about how we have a prophet today and he stopped us and said "Wait, we have a prophet on the earth today?!" I responded "Yes, he lives in Utah." His wife then enters the room and he says to her "Do you know that we have a prophet?! We have a prophet! He is in Utah!" He was so excited about it and so excited to pray and ask God about everything that we had told him. He set up the return appointment with us instead of the other way around. (jaja) Golden.

Life here is great. This whole week I have been dissecting Alma chapter 5 in the Book of Mormon, and it has been so amazing. I would like to invite you to study that chapter and set goals after reading. Repentance isn't an event, it is a process.

Love you all and I wish you a splendid week!

Elder Mackintosh

P.S. Elder  Brasileiro and I jogged across the Hudson River today but I took pictures on my camera and can't get them to load onto my iPad right now, so will have to send them next week.


PHOTOS:

1. Elder Cruz and I (he is my roommate from the Dominican Republic)
He’s a cool missionary.

2. My companion holding up the walkway over the Hudson. Boo-ya!







No comments:

Post a Comment