Wednesday, April 6, 2016

General Conference for Life

Dear fam and friends,

This week was solid. Ever since I decided that every day would be a good day, they really have been good days. It's interesting that what you put out comes back. Being positive is powerful.


How about conference though? GREAT! It was so fun to receive personal revelation through the words of Gods servants. Tears were shed. jaja. My favorite talks were Elder Uchtdorf in the priesthood session and Elder Holland to end the conference. If you weren't able to watch I just have one thing to say. GO WATCH! It's pretty special that we have a living prophet and apostles. It's  pretty special that God wants to talk to us. That reminds me of a big theme of conference which was basically "remember who you are. You are a son/daughter of God. He is your father. He knows you. He loves you." Well that's at least a big theme that kept sticking out for me anyways. I loved what Elder Holland said (roughly) "The first great truth is that God loves us with all of his heart, might, mind and strength." It is just so special to me.


So I will just finish with a quick miracle that meant a lot to me. So I have talked about our investigator Rafael for months now right? Well I wanted so badly that he would go to conference. I prayed for it a ton and we set a goal and made plans to get him there. He said that he would be there for the afternoon session on Saturday and when he didn't show up it made me a little bummed. Well between that session and the priesthood session we went and were determined to find him. We called repeatedly and he didn't answer. We went to his apartment and no answer. We decided to wait there for a couple minutes and make some calls to other people. We then decided to knock a couple of doors. We knocked on rafaels door and he still wasn't there. We decide to not necessarily give up but to start heading to the church. While walking to the church we ran into Rafael on the street! We talked him into taking his stuff home and coming with us. He went to the session and loved it! It was so good and spiritual and he said that he felt it and learned a lot. God answered my prayers and put a lot of things into place so that we would run into him on the street and take him with us. Miracles!

Well, I sure love you all and hope this week is the best one of your life! Choose to be happy.

Elder Mackintosh




George Washington bridge. Wow, I take a lot of pictures of this bridge.





Hermano Manzano took us out to lunch




Pigeons for day. jaja

No comments:

Post a Comment