Sunday, September 18, 2016

I want an Eternal Family

September 14, 2016 

Hello!

This week was great! Every week is great! Every week isn't perfect nor easy, but it is always great!

I had a really funny experience in Harlem yesterday, but unfortunately it’s one I can’t share, well, one that I shouldn't share publicly, but I did tell my dad who probably told my mom who has probably shared it with some of her friends, so perhaps eventually you may hear it.  jaja. Trust me it was funny.  I love the people of Harlem.

So this week, I have been thinking a lot about goals and what mine are. As far as goals go, that is the reasoning behind the title of this email. My number one goal is to have an eternal family. I want that more than literally anything, to achieve this goal and to live with my current family (as well as my future spouse and kids) FOREVER because my family is the coolest, bestest family ever. I want to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know that even though this goal of exaltation is big and may be intimidating, it is possible through obedience, repentance, and the living of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that it is possible. Because of this goal, every other goal that I make falls into place and every other action as well. When I go to make any choice I think "is this going to help me reach my goal(s)?" And this helps me keep the focus on why we are truly here on earth. We are here to learn and grow. We are here to make good choices so that we can be happy here on earth and achieve exaltation after this life. I know that being sealed in the temple is not only necessary for true eternal happiness but it is also a key for true peace and joy here on earth. And it is attainable and that's what's so cool about it.  


Sorry if I share my testimony so much in these emails but I just want so badly for people to feel the spirit… I want so badly for people to set a goal, see their goal and to work towards it. That is what life is about.

I'm so grateful to be a missionary. We are seeing miracles in the work, and families are being united. I love life!

Love you all,

Elder Mackintosh

P.S. I apologize if you emailed me this week and I don't email back to you personally… My days are scheduled so tight, but I will try to email you in the next couple of weeks, but if I never respond please know I appreciate your emails, I care about you, I pray for you and I will be back before you know it and we can talk in person!

Photos of the week...

Massive pizza that I ate in the Bronx



This is Brother Somerset (who who had stopped going to church, but is now totally active) and his non-member wife and daughter who came to church today and we retook their wedding pictures!




This is the sweet view from the 40th floor of the building where I work out! The gym is on the top floor so we get to see this every time we get up early to work out! 
A great motivator.



I love William!





No comments:

Post a Comment