Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Grandma Mack, Mexican Choo-Choo & Representative of Jesus Christ

HEY!

So first off I just want to say a couple thing about my sweet grandmother Mackintosh that passed away last night. Although I will really miss her and it will be weird to not have her at my homecoming, I honestly feel happy for her and feel at peace. I always enjoyed playing Mexican Choo-Choo with her and grandpa. But now they can play together again! I sure love that woman. And I sure love that man. I’m grateful for their examples throughout my life.

Side note: Do you ever get the giggles at the wrong time? I don’t know why, but every time Elder Baker and I start companionship study, we begin with a song because singing is supposed to bring the spirit into the study. But in this companionship it does not. We start laughing every single time we sing!  Jaja it is a mental thing at this point and we are losing the mental game.

This last week I have been thinking a lot about what it means to me to be a full time, authorized, set apart representative of Jesus Christ. After a lot of thinking, I have come to the conclusion that it means a lot. Jaja, sounds simple but it feels deep to me. Yesterday I had my last zone conference ever and there were a couple of times when the emotions got to me, but the strongest was when I was just sitting there after sharing my testimony. I stared at my name tag sitting on my Book of Mormon on the table in front of me and the spirit was just so strong. I felt that I have done a good job, could have done better maybe, but a good job overall. And I feel honored to be able to have that badge over my heart for one more month. My life is so different right now because of the things that have happened with that name tag on my chest. The beautiful thing is that the name tag is now in my heart with that spiritual experience. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ now and my mission scripture means SO much more now.

3 Nephi 5:13 "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been
called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might
have everlasting life."

I love you all! Have a great week.

Elder Mackintosh

P..S. I will only be home for a month and I need to make a little bit of money before I head off for college, so please message me if you would like to have me take pictures for something and I would love to. Just in case you have forgotten, I’m a photographer. J Thank you!


I was privileged to baptize this cute little girl in the ward! Super cool.



 The family


Elder Bakers first Bodega sandwhich


No comments:

Post a Comment