Wednesday, November 11, 2015

How is Success Measured?

Hey hey!

So I have now been in NY for like 8 weeks now and guess what? Haven't had one investigator out to church, our one investigator with a baptismal date fell of the edge of the earth and we haven't seen him, and people dodge our appointments daily. But I would say I have been pretty successful so far. How does that make any sense? Well I have realized that I can only control what I can control. All I can do is invite people to come unto Christ but as much as I may want to, I can't force anyone to do anything. Sometimes it gets frustrating but I also have to realize that multiple have come back to church and partaken of the sacrament after years of not attending church. It is soooo rewarding to see those people at church yet at the same time it is sooo crushing to have people say they will be there just the day before and then not show up. All I can do is keep inviting people to bring the spirit into their life's and that is how a successful missionary is measured.

We have a couple investigators that might get progressing rapidly here in the near future, so I'm pumped for that! It's crazy to me how much I instantly love these people. Everyone needs this gospel. Everyone needs Christ. Everyone! It is awesome to see people with an eternal prospective and just feel a huge amount of love for them even when you barely know them! That is definitely one of my favorite things of being a missionary.

So the Spanish is coming along! Each day it clicks a little bit more but there are also times when I feel like I literally don't know a single word. jaja. It is interesting to learn a language. Quite the experience! Sometimes it seems so surreal that people can actually understand each other in other languages. Hurts my brain sometimes but it is sweet to just be walking down the street and here someone talking in Spanish and knowing what is going on. jaja. Love it. Such a blessing.

No funny stories this week that I can think of... Sorry! I'm sure funny stuff happened because funny stuff happens everyday but maybe next week I will remember one. My bad!

Love you all and just know that this church is true. It really is. If you ever find yourself doubting because of what is going on around you, sincerely turn to prayer and the scriptures and you will not lose your testimony.

Much love,

Elder Mackintosh

No comments:

Post a Comment