Thursday, July 14, 2016

A Mind Blowing Week

Hey!

Well this week has been super crazy...


1st: Last Friday, Antonio Rodriguez was baptized and I was privileged to baptize him. It was such a good and spiritual service and and I was so happy!!! I will send pictures. Another special thing was that we had 3 progressing investigators there and they all said that they felt the spirit and they were visibly just super happy! It was amazing.


2nd: Church was amazing. Antonio was confirmed, Fernando passed the sacrament, and Marcos received the Melchezidek priesthood.  Super special Sunday! We also had two investigators unexpectedly come to church with some awesome families in the ward. The coolest part though was at the end of Sunday school because Marcos was teaching and he started to end with his testimony he talked about how his mother passed away a couple of months ago but how he knows that he will see her again and he wants to be better and stronger in the church so that he can live

with her forever. It was touching and the best part was that one of our investigators that was there had also recently lost his mother and the testimony that Marcos shared was just absolutely perfect. This is the Lords work. Also, I'm really going to miss this ward... We said our goodbyes and of course lots of tears were shed.. I love these people!

3rd: I had to say goodbye to Poughkeepsie because I have been called me to be an assistant to the president. Nuts! So cool! Also to make it even cooler, I am companions again with my trainer Elder McBride. (jaja) So crazy. I have been working in the office, picked up 27 new missionaries, doing

transfers, and have been in meetings non stop since Monday morning and I am
tiiirrreeedddd but doing okay. (jaja)  The lord is carrying us and your prayers are very much appreciated! I'm loving the challenge! Who I was before the mission definitely couldn't have done this. jaja.

I couldn't believe the trust that the Lord was giving me by calling me to be an Assistant to the President but as I prayed that night, I felt peace and I felt confirmation. This is the Lords work. 

 I love you all!

If you didn't think I had time before, you should see me now. (jaja)  It's actually great.

Well I love you all and once again, your prayers are greatly appreciated and especially right now. Have a great week.


Con amor,


Elder Mackintosh



                                                 Baptism of Antonio


I would post pictures of the last couple of days in the office but I haven't taken any on my iPad. Check out President Smith's mission blog and I'm sure I am in tons of them! Also I took like almost all of them because I'm also the camera guy now!


    

No comments:

Post a Comment