Friday, October 21, 2016

Repentance & Curve Balls

First of all this is Skye's mother and I want to share a portion of my personal email that Skye shared with me, because children seem to recall everything you wish they would forget, so it's a real treat when they recall something positive, therefore I'm sharing....
"I love you mom! I shared in a training this last week about how you would wake me up by singing "Its time to get up, it's time to get up, it's time to get up in the morning!" And then telling me that I'm going to have the best day ever because I was going to choose to make it that way. I didn't understand what you were teaching at the time but I'm grateful now! (Jajaja) The 50 missionaries that I gave the training to all loved it and President Smith wrote it down because he thought it was just awesome!" ~Elder Skye Mackintosh

Helloooooooooooo,

This week was a fun one! Lots of stuff happened and it was pretty ridiculously busy and packed with curve balls but over all I came out happy. I love it! 

This week I have just been thinking about repentance and it is just such a great and happy thing! I love repentance. It is great because guilt can be taken away through true repentance. 

My email this week is short and simple. I just want to testify of repentance and the joy that it brings into your life. I have personally felt it and that is what drives me to be out here on a mission. I want so badly for everyone be happy. Every one that isn't trying to repent every day has guilt. Whether a member of my same church or not, a Christian or not, everyone has guilt for sins that they have committed because that is just what happens. I know that guilt can be taken away and strength can be received. I know that as we strive to follow Christ and to live a clean life, we will have peace of mind and be truly happy. I also know that what we do here on earth matters. It matters eternally. Repentance is cool! 

If you need help, talk to someone, talk to your bishop. If you have guilt and you don't know how to get rid of it, talk to me and I can help you. 

Love you all! Have a great week!

Elder Mackintosh 

Here is a picture of my current companionship. Well trio actually. Yep, in a trio again for a little bit longer!






No comments:

Post a Comment