Thursday, November 10, 2016

Yo Yo Yo!

October 26, 2016

Yo yo yo!

This was a good week here in New York. Since last Pday we had 4 zone conferences and set 3 baptismal dates with people. Zone Conference days consist of getting up at 4:30 am, setting up, giving trainings, taking down, proselytizing, and then going to sleep at the normal time of 10:30 pm. Yes it was tiring but it honestly wasn't bad! I learned some great things his week.

First, I learned that I can do hard things! And it's not that I can do hard things because I'm great but it is totally what it says in Alma 26:12 "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." And Philippians 4:13  "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."   It's so true!!!

The other thing that I learned is that we can expect promised blessings when we do our part. That is what PresidentMonson talked about in the Priesthood Session a few weeks ago! I felt that this week as we were so busy, but saw so many blessings. We were working hard and trying our best and we saw some big blessings come through with 2 families that we teach coming to church and then one of them accepting a baptismal date and hopefully the other family accepting one tonight! This gospel blesses families and the blessings have poured in from obedience and diligence this week. It's so cool! 

I know that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real. I have felt this in my life and I desire for everyone to feel that same joy! 

Love you all! 

Elder Mackintosh

 Totally had jelof rice this week! 


Elder Stokes broke his foot. :(





No comments:

Post a Comment