Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Transfered! Now Serving in....


May 3, 2017

2 Nephi 2: 21

Time keeps flying by! I got transferred and I am now serving in...

THE BRONX! 

.... I will be able to use my Spanish again after 10 months of serving in an English area! :) 

My new companion's name is Elder Aurich and he is a super cool kid from Arizona. Funny thing is that he went to high school with Elder McBride so at the end of this cycle I will have spent literally half of my mission with someone from Red Mountain High Schoo.  jaja. Random.

Also Elder McBride is flying home right now. ):

So the reason for the title of this email, 2 Nephi 2: 21,  is that the purpose of life has been on my mind a lot. Basically from my studies and prayers and why not I have come to feel like that for the purpose of life really is to repent and serve others. If at the end of the day we can say that we did that, it was a successful day.

Something funny that happened this last week: We were walking down the street and this guy stopped us and started talking about how he used to run a gang and stuff in Chicago but he got out and move to New York. While talking to him, this other guy walked up and asked,  "What's this meeting?"  We responded and said we are missionaries. Then he told us how he just barely robbed a Coke from the gas station.  T
hen the first guy went on with this story about how he used to shake soda cans and then chuck them in the air and tell God to hold it for a couple of minutes and then it wouldn't come back down until he told him to drop it. Jaja i didn't know what the heck was going on but it was awesome! jaja 

Life is good here in NYC!  Have a great week!

Love you!
Elder Mackintosh

My new companion Elder Aurich


                                            After doing Yoga on top of Ben Pelos' Roof. Twas Awesome!  




Meet Constant, the nicest guy ever. We walked passed him every day and would stop and give

him a hug and pray with him.  I am going to really miss him. 
He recently started coming to church! Awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment