Friday, March 4, 2016

Humbled!

This week has been amazing...

So something that hit me pretty good the other day is during study time in Preach My Gospel under the "pray to know the truth through the Holy Ghost" section - The first line says "this message of the restoration is either true or it
isn't."  that hit me pretty hard.. I read that during my personal study the other day and it caused me to ponder about it for the next 5 days or so.  Isn't that amazing how simple it is though? No "maybe" or "well some of it is true" NO. It is true or it is not. I have been thinking about the doubts that I have had in my life and also thinking about all of the testimony building experiences. I have come to the conclusion that It is true. The restoration is true. All of it. I just love how simple this is! Sure, some things in the gospel are harder to accept than others but what has helped me just this past week even is just knowing
that The First Vision is a fact. It happened. Because it happened I am here in New York serving the Lord as a member and missionary of his one and true church. HOW COOL IS THAT?! I don't know if that sentence has as big of an impact on anyone else, but it changed me and my perspective and for that I'm eternally grateful.

Today I had the opportunity to go to the temple here in Manhattan. It was a very spiritual and humbling experience. I had questions answered and personal revelation received. Humbling. Something that hit me is how many prayers are being offered for the missionaries throughout the world. My eyes tear up to think about all of the people praying for me and the other missionaries in the world. I thank all of you for those prayers... they push me to keep going in the hard times and make me go faster in the good ones.

Lots of miracles and such happened this week, but I will leave my email with those two paragraphs. Please know that I appreciate your support and even if I am unable to reply to your email, know that I'm grateful for it. Just tell yourself that if I didn't reply it is because I'm telling a stranger about the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Love you all,

Elder Mackintosh

Pictures:


Teaching Luis and his mother. Luis was the one baptized in January. He now has the priesthood and blesses the sacrament and has taught the lesson in Elders Quorum. His mother is now very interested in the church.


 George Washington Bridge. The bad lighting is killer to my photography loving heart, but it is what it is... jajaja


The zone from last cycle! We just had transfers by the way and I will be here for another 6 weeks at least still in my first area!

No comments:

Post a Comment