Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Pineapples and Toothpaste

Hello!

So to start off, this week was awesome. So many miracles and just some seriously great things happening. People are changing! I love it. Repentance is awesome.

So with that being said, change has been on my mind a lot lately. Like true change. Like a change in your heart and not just in your behaviors. I have been thinking about this a ton because I hit my year mark last week and that has really caused some reflection. Am I a different person now than I was when I left my house on Aug. 5th a year ago? YES. My desires have changed, the way I view life has changed, the way I view people has changed, and overall change is taking place. That is so cool! I hope that in a year from now I can look back on who I am now and be amazed with how much change will have happened by then as well.

With change I have learned that there is a difference in correcting a behavior for a short amount of time and actual lasting change. Anyone can correct a behavior, but for your heart to be changed and for you to have a lasting and real change, you have to allow the Savior to do it. I know that this is true as I have seen it throughout my life. Changes are possible in whatever situation that you may find yourself in. We are agents for change. We are able to "act for [ourselves] and not to be acted upon." It's so cool! I know that through the atonement, all that is unfair is made fair. We just have to let Christ change us. This is true and I will say it to anyone because I have seen it personally. This is true.

I love you all and I hope that you change and have a great week!

Elder Mackintosh



Pineapples and Toothpaste  



Celebrating my one year mark



This is a pic of me meeting my trainer Elder McBride for the first time on September 16  last year. (He is also my current companion) 



Click to see OTHER PICS and happenings on the New York New York North Mission Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment