Saturday, August 27, 2016

The Spirit Testifies of Truth

Hellooooooo,

It was a great week here in New Rochelle, NY! This week was actually pretty calm compared to the previous week. Life is seriously great.

This week I want to share my testimony about two things. I know that the Priesthood (the authority to act in the name of God) has been restored to the earth. I also know that the Book of Mormon is he word of God and it truly brings peace to our souls.

A week and a half ago we were called over to give a woman a blessing. She has been very sick for most of her life and was especially going through a rough patch at the time. We were able to give her a blessing of health and as well we were able to give it in Spanish, her native language. Nothing miraculous seemed to happen then but the next day she was able to come to church for the first time in a VERY long time! Then the following week she felt pretty good and actually had a good week, and then Sunday morning she woke up not feeling very well and passed away.  She was an amazing woman and I'm positive that she is more comfortable now. The Priesthood blessing allowed her to partake of the sacrament one last time and then to have a pretty good last week here on earth. She was grateful for the blessing and I'm grateful for the reality of priesthood power. I'm humbled to be a holder of the priesthood.

About the Book of Mormon being the word of God; it is! When I have questions or I am in need, I pray. When I don't feel an answer while praying, I turn to the Book of Mormon and 100% of the time I learn something and my prayers are answered. The peace that is felt while reading the Book of Mormon is miraculous. The Spirit testifies of truth and I promise you that I feel the Spirit when I read the Book of Mormon. It is true. I love it! I testify of it all of the time and I do so out of sincere love and hope that people will read it and find the joy and peace that I find.

Love you all!

Elder Mackintosh


Elder McBride and Elder Mackintosh picking up the new incoming missionaries at the airport. 









This is a picture from the roof of my apartment building! I know it doesn't look cool in the picture but it is a pretty great view.







No comments:

Post a Comment