Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Real Life Is Found In The Temple

Hi everyone!

This week was just great! Ups and downs of course but life is honestly great. Sunday was a pretty big day because Brother Gomez was able to bless the sacrament for the first time! Other great things that happened were Jevon getting his temple recommend and also being ordained a priest! It is so cool to see these people progress in the gospel and to know that we were able to help them progress. It is very humbling to be a part of this amazing work. I sure love these people.

This morning was special… we have been doing some family history work for the last couple of weeks in preparation for today because today we took Jevon to the temple for his first time ever! We got to his apartment to wake him up at 7:30 so that we could leave by 8, but when we got there he was already up and halfway ready! He was really excited to go to the temple. The best part of the morning of course was being at the temple. We took some other youth from the *ward to do baptisms and confirmations for the dead  and that was pretty great already! Well to make it even more amazing, Jevon was baptized and confirmed for his father today. The spirit was so strong during the baptism and confirmation of his father. Jevon was so happy that his father would now have the opportunity to accept it. I'm just grateful that I have opportunities to participate in such eternal and real things. The temple is real life. The things that happen in the temple are eternal and all of the things of the world are just temporal. The temple is real life. We are eternal beings.

Yesterday I had a very special and spiritual moment happened. I am not going to share it right now but I just want everyone to know that this is the Lords work. The gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored. The priesthood is here. We are able to perform saving ordinances. There was more before this life on earth and there will be more after. I know that Joseph Smith saw our Heavenly Father as well as our brother Jesus Christ. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and I know that President Thomas S. Monson is the living and true prophet here today. The spirit has testified of these things to me and I know them to be true.

This is my last week as a teenager (turning 20 on Sunday) and I am so happy that I am out here on a mission in New York.

Love you all!

Elder Mackintosh

*Ward:  A geographical boundary designated for Mormon congregations.  Typical size is 300-500 members.
Stake: A grouping of 7-9 Wards.

Manhatten Temple trip this morning - August 31, 2016

Walking the streets of Manhattan on our way to the temple! 
Jevon, William, and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment