Wednesday, August 17, 2016

We Grow In Times Of Trial!

Hi everyone,

I'm grateful to be able to write an email today! I'm grateful because this morning I dropped some missionaries off at the airport that had completed their two-year mission and are heading home. I am sitting here in New York right now and I'm grateful for that. I love Utah of course and I sure love everyone there, but this is where I need to be. The Lord called me to New York and I'm grateful that I still have lots of time to continue to work here.

So this week was crazy… it was transfers week! I'm still in the same area with the same companion and the same assignment. The craziness was all of the planning that we had to do and all of the work that went into transfers. It was hard but it was very rewarding! There is no way that I would have been able to do something like that with the abilities and knowledge that I had before the mission. The Lord knows when we are ready for things and something happens when we can look at it and say; 
"Thank you Lord for allowing me to go through this. I didn't think that I could handle something like this.. I didn't think that I was strong enough... Thank you for trusting me and for believing in me."  
I have learned that it is important to look at trials (opportunities) like this! It is positive and it is true. God gets us through the hard times and we come out stronger.

I have grown a lot and especially recently. I'm grateful for that.. I love the Savior.

This week we were able to set a baptismal date with this sweet man named George. I love George! He is the greatest. He has great desires to progress and to get closer to Christ. There is a cool story behind it and I know that we were guided to him at this time because he is ready for the gospel. Please pray for George!

I love you all! I just want to bear a quick testimony that I know that the Book of Mormon is true. The bible is the word of God and the Book of Mormon is as well. The Book of Mormon brings me strength and very real revelation. The Book of Mormon brings peace to my soul. This is all real. PLEASE read the Book of Mormon. It will change your life.

Elder Mackintosh
 This family are Investigators from my last area, they drove to my new area to visit me! Wahoo! (I don't know why people don't smile... Jaja, they are friendly, I promise)


 A member randomly gave us Leis. jaja




 We drove outside of the mission today and got a sweet view of
the city. This picture doesn't do it justice... Is was so cool in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment