Thursday, June 30, 2016

A Great Week!

Such a great week!

This week was so fun because we have really been pushing ourselves to just do a little bit more. To serve a little harder. It has been hard and tiring, but most of all it has been rewarding. So many blessings!

This week I have been studying change, the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and repentance. IT HAS BEEN SOOOOOO GOOD! So I will share some scriptures that really had me pondering this week and helped me to work hard. The scriptures are found in Alma 34: 32-35
32 For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors.

33 And now, as I said unto you before, as ye have had so many witnesses, therefore, I beseech of you that ye do not procrastinate the day of your repentance until the end; for after this day of life, which is given us to prepare for eternity, behold, if we do not improve our time while in this life, then cometh the night of darkness wherein there can be no labor performed.

34 Ye cannot say, when ye are brought to that awful crisis, that I will repent, that I will return to my God. Nay, ye cannot say this; for that same spirit which doth possess your bodies at the time that ye go out of this life, that same spirit will have power to possess your body in that eternal world.

35 For behold, if ye have procrastinated the day of your repentance even until death, behold, ye have become subjected to the spirit of the devil, and he doth seal you his; therefore, the Spirit of the Lord hath withdrawn from you, and hath no place in you, and the devil hath all power over you; and this is the final state of the wicked."

This can be so deep to think about but also it is pretty simple to understand the principle. Don't procrastinate your repentance. TODAY is your day to change. "Tomorrow never comes" because once it is tomorrow it is actually today and you will put it off until "tomorrow" again. Hence, "Tomorrow never comes." We have to improve today. I chose to write about his today because as I have studied this during the last week and have tried to do things today instead of tomorrow and I have been blessed. Lasting changes are real through Christ.

This last week has been humbling and full of growth and happiness. Love you all! I invite you to not "procrastinate the day of your repentance" and change today. It doesn't have to be a huge repentance. Maybe you haven't been reading you scriptures and your repentance is starting today. So whether it is a big change or a little one, I invite you to do something today. You will be blessed. I promise you that.


Elder Mackintosh

A picture with Christina before leaving for Mexico for a month.



La familia de la Cruz. They moved  this last week ):
(I look really tall next to Hispanics jajaja)


No comments:

Post a Comment