Wednesday, June 1, 2016

It's Hot Outside

May 25, 2016

So I will start off with something that took my heart on a roller coaster this week!  We had invited an investigator named Lilli to come to church and she said that she probably would be there. We called her a couple of hours before church and she said that she was still working and it would be hard to make it but that she would try. Well right before church started, she came walking in with her two daughters! After sacrament
meeting I asked how she enjoyed it and invited her to stay for the classes. She responded with "I didn't like it. It stressed me out. I will not come back. Don't expect me to come back. I will not come back."  We then went into the hallway where a ward member ended up talking to her and realizing the stress was more from work and lack of sleep and not the church service. She still went home though.  After church we received a call from her and we were scared that she was going to drop us.  She said "Hi, I'm calling to say sorry. Today wasn't your fault. It wasn't your fault. I will see you tomorrow at the normal time."  BEST.NEWS.EVER! We met with her the next day and all is well. J  Praying for her to have a good experience this week.

But really when she told me her feelings about church, my heart was ripped out of my chest! A lot of planning, thinking, praying, fasting, and love go into working with these investigators and that makes it hurt so bad when they don't progress. This is the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and literally everyone would benefit. That is what keeps me going. I have accepted the call to help my brothers and sisters here in this mission to repent and to follow Christ. It is not easy, but it is the most rewarding thing in the world.

Thank you for taking the time to read his email! I would like to invite you to think about ONE thing that you can do this week to show God that you appreciate him. As we are grateful, we are happy.

Love you!

Elder Mackintosh


We got up real early and went hiking





We went mini-golfing today and I'm still a champion! (my legs are long)


Elder Colson is going home next week. I will miss him. We have
lived with each other for about 7 months and he is a true friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment